Friday, February 12, 2016

#288 Ghost Knife- Sharon Pomerantz


#288 Ghost Knife- Sharon Pomerantz

Annie is having an affair with a married man. They are passionate, loving, but there is not much time. She wonders how she got here. “When, I wonder did my life become someone else’s morality tale? When did I learn to ask for so little."

Dimitri is stuck in his Father’s life. He also loved two woman and kept them both for his whole upbringing. He was hoping to do the same thing, which freaks Annie out:

“Suddenly I am old and bitter and living over someone else’s drafty garage in a  room full of doilies and cracked mirrors and brown shades. Nothing is my own, everything belongs to someone else. This isn’t Edith Wharton, it’s Stephen King.”

Both hope that life will fix their problems, that something will intercede to set them on a better path, but both know that is unlikely. “We are alike, he and I, hoping time of circumstance or other people will decide for us what we cant decide for ourselves.”

Notable Passage: “Home, the word reserved for the place you don’t take your mistress.”



No comments:

Post a Comment