Thursday, January 26, 2017

#639 High Wire- Robert Stone


#639 High Wire- Robert Stone

I’m not really sure what this story is supposed to be. I suppose it’s an L.A. love story. Unfortunately like all the stereotypes of that city, I found this story to be sprawling, soulless, cold, shallow, and self-involved. It is just a rambling telling of two people who never quite get their relationship on track.

Lucy and Tom are two minor Hollywood players, he a writer and she an actress. They meet at a movie premier and have a brief tryst that I guess we are to believe is somehow meaningful. The next forty pages or so is just their lives without each other, and the brief times that meet up again, never reaching a point where they become an actual item. I guess this is L.A. for deep and meaningful love. I found it to be a story I wish was thirty pages fewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment