Wednesday, July 5, 2017

#796 Caveman Dirt- Julia Elliott


#796 Caveman Dirt- Julia Elliott

We are at an expensive lifestyle/health retreat that brings you back to the times of Neanderthals. This Paleolithic program is lead by Zugnord, aka. Wilbur. He was once a pale, chubby loser just like all the camp participants but has transformed himsepf into a mighty hunter/gatherer man of steel. Ellen Wiggins, is one of these participants and she has been newly dubbed: Vogmar, daughter of the Blackboar Clan.

 “I’m here to lose weight. I’m here to become a sinewy cavewoman with a core of steel and a glint of primal vitality in my eyes. I’m here to purge my body and mind, shed the bloat of civilization, cast off the epochs of agricultural decadence that have collected around my midsection.”

Wearing caveman gear, and eating unseasoned meats and wild moss, she finds herself in an extreme theme park fully equipped with a troupe of actors acting like Neanderthals taking their roleplaying very seriously and chasing her around the forest. Even in this world there are cliques and human weakness. 

This story reminds me a little of TC Boyle’s Road to Wellville or something out of a Chuck Palahniuk satire against extremism, with a little bit of Lord of the Flies thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment