Friday, August 11, 2017

#831 The Chicken and the Egg- Jon McGregor


#831 The Chicken and the Egg- Jon McGregor

I hate eggs, can’t stand them, the taste, the smell, the stomach curdling feel of them in my mouth. I have never liked eggs. When I was very little, the first stand I took against my parents authority was refusing to eat eggs. There wasn’t enough cheese in Wisconsin to put on an omelet to get me to consume another egg. When I was eighteen and living on my own, I found that many of the tastes I had as a child had changed so I decided to try eggs once more as an adult…I almost vomited all over the 82nd street diner.

So I have no desire to write an in depth look into this story of a man who has a phobia of opening eggs. He is afraid of finding a bloody chicken fetus inside instead of yolk. The author goes into great detail about such an event. I’m not sure if this is worse for someone who hates eggs, or someone who eats eggs all the time….blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment