Monday, August 14, 2017

#838 How I Got My Personal Politics- Anthony Grooms



#838 How I Got My Personal Politics- Anthony Grooms

Izella is obsessed with her hair. She can’t stand the hair she has and all the treatments she has gotten has left it stringy and unmanageable. She wished to get hair like Diana Ross or some other celebrity. Her friend wonders about the her need to be something she is not. 

“I did not say the word ‘white.’ I’m just as proud of being colored as you is. And I’ll come up side your head if you say different. All I said is I wanted good hair. Wanting good hair ain’t wanting to be white. It’s just wanting to be…pretty.”

They go searching for a salon to get a quick perm, but they are too late for today. They get referred to another place where she gets her hair accidentally burned off. Envy is a sin and in trying to look like Marilyn Monroe, Izella ended up looking like Yul Brenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment