Tuesday, August 29, 2017

#855 Isaac Cameron Hill- Ammi Keller


#855 Isaac Cameron Hill- Ammi Keller

This story is about identity, independence and time. There are many stories with the exact same thematic elements. The world of the transgendered is full of such themes, especially identity. Our narrator, a transgendered woman falls in love with a transgendered man she doesn’t know the sexual preferences of. This reticence causes her to miss a potential opportunity. They become friends but the torch is held for their entire lives and her love remains unrequited.

The rest of the story is a telling of a life spent searching for love amidst the evolving of her own self-identity and evolution. She understands the issue keenly:

“It was lonely, but I accepted this. I couldn’t figure out who was supposed to love me.”

Notable Passage: “When I awoke to the sound of the birds it was with an intensity of sorrow I didn’t know one could feel and not shatter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment